Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The "Spring" in Your Step

Today I finally wrote down my updated business strategy (long overdue) and by July, I will be relaunching my website. At three years, it was time. As a small business owner committing time to the ongoing creative process is the most difficult thing I do. It is also one of the most rewarding aspects of my work. I had a very vibrant and challenging year last year. It was great. But it it left me with little time to reflect or dream - requisites for innovation and creativity. I was still moving fast, but the spring had left my step. I love that spring and I missed it. I also believe it is absolutely necessary for my work.

The spring is coming back and I feel the energy that only a compelling vision can provide. I am excited about some new ways I envision for my work, my clients and my life. If you find yourself in similar circumstances, do more of the things you love, nurture your heart and start tracking the things you do that give you energy - and do more of them forever. The spring will come back. I look forward to sharing new ideas and programs throughout 2010.